Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Some tips from my kitchen to yours….

Invest in small Tupperware containers to store and freeze leftovers. These are perfect for making little meals for the week. I find them at the Dollar Tree all the time.

I also save butter, yogurt, deli-meat containers-anything with a tight fitting lid. These are great for leftovers as well. Also, if you have a family gathering and want to send leftovers home, these are perfect and don’t need to be returned.

I will put what I paid for my items, but prices will vary from city to city, state to state.

I keep a slew of spices in my pantry-all purchased from dollar stores. When I mention using garlic or onion, it’s usually in dry spice form because I’m lazy and hate mincing garlic or chopping onion.

Always take advantage of sales at your local grocery store. Friday I bought a 2.65lb. Pork tenderloin for $7.92 (regular price $15.87) and a $10 Beef  Roast for $5.92. Weeks ago I purchased the same Pork Tenderloins for $5 apiece. I still regret not buying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment